Our Complete Letters & Phonics Alphabet Curriculum includes easy to follow guided lessons, hands-on activities and centers, assessments, science projects, art projects, and more! I know you’re busy! Creating lesson plans and learning material is time consuming. This curriculum has everything you need to successfully teach the alphabet! It helps you easily and effectively teach letter recognition, letter identification, letter-sound correspondence, letter writing, fine motor skills, and more!
Our Complete Letters and Phonics Alphabet Curriculum Will Help You Easily and Effectively Teach:
- letter recognition and identification
- letter-sound correspondence
- initial sound recognition and identification
- letter writing
- fine motor skills, and much more!
If you love our Complete Letters & Phonics Literacy Curriculum, check out our Complete Math Curriculum with Guided Lessons for teaching children numbers and shapes!
About our Letters and Phonics Alphabet Curriculum
These activities are digital PDF downloads in TWO compressed folders. You will need to unzip these files in order to access them. You will also need a PDF viewer installed to access these activities. Once you complete the checkout process, you will receive a link to download it via email and/or the order page. For additional help, please contact us here. You will then need to unzip the folders to access the activities.
Our Letters & Phonics Literacy Program was designed to prepare children for kindergarten, but the materials also work well for kindergarten and first grade intervention. It corresponds to Common Core Standards RF.K.1.D, RF.K.3.A and LK.1.A as children identify and name upper- and lowercase letters and letter-sound correspondence, identify initial sounds, and write upper- and lowercase letters.
This product includes:
- Calendar with Daily Lessons for 26 weeks with Pictures and Text: All of the activities are scheduled for each week in an easy-to-read calendar to help you stay organized and on-track for teaching. This calendar shows each activity and the materials you will need, such as pom poms, snap cubes, etc.
- Assessments: At the end of each week is an assessment that is optional so you can ensure your students know the letter before moving on to the next. It gives you he ability to do intervention if needed.
CIRCLE TIME / LARGE GROUP INSTRUCTION (GUIDED PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Stories: We have included an Alphabet Book for each letter in color and black and white! Read to your children each day during story time or circle time. Then, have them color the alphabet story to take home.
- Songs for the Classroom: 1 Letter Song for each letter of the alphabet, plus a bonus Circle-Time song and Clean-up Time song. These songs are a great way for children to practice identifying letters and letter-sounds
- Alphabet Posters: Decorate your classroom with these bright and colorful posters! We’ve also included an A-Z poster to assist with teaching the alphabet.
- Memory Cards: These are flash cards used to introduce each letter and sound. They also work well for a pocket chart.
TABLE TIME / SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION (GUIDED PRACTICE)
- Teaching Instruction Packet with 26 Guided Lessons: (1 for each letter) with scripted instructions and activities. You will love how easy these guided lessons are to follow. They are perfect for certified teachers, teacher’s assistants, teacher aides, and even parents to use!
- Worksheet Packet A-Z: This worksheet packet includes a no prep worksheet for each uppercase and lowercase letter. This is used in combination with the Teaching Instruction Packet as you teach each letter, sound, and writing.
- Learning Letters Hands-on Activities Binder: Includes 6 hands-on activities for each letter. You will LOVE seeing children have so much FUN while learning!
LETTER IDENTIFICATION CENTER 1 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Spin and Cover
- Clip and Flip Letters
- Letter Pop
- Letter Puzzles
- Superhero Letter Match
- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Sorting
LETTER FORMATION CENTER 2 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Driving Letter Formation
- Magnetic Tiles Letters
- Mini Eraser Letter Mats
- Play Dough Letter Mats
- Pom Pom Letters
- Snap Cube Letters
WRITING CENTER 3 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Writing Practice
- Alphabet Read, Build, and Write
- Superhero Sensory Tray Writing
- Write and Wipe Letters
- Handwriting Activity Sheets
- Handwriting Letter Practice
LETTER SOUNDS / PHONICS CENTER 4 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Beginning Sound Match
- Beginning Sound Smash
- Clip and Flip Beginning Sounds
- Initial Sound Picture Sort
- I Spy Beginning Sounds
- Roll, Say, and Cover Beginning Sounds
EARLY FINISHERS / EXTRA ACTIVITIES (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Write the Room Letters and Phonics
- Letter Sound Find & Match
EARLY FINISHERS / EXTRA NO PREP ACTIVITIES (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
LARGE GROUP / GAMES (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Bingo
- Letter Detectives Pocket Chart Game
ART PROJECTS / ART CENTER (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Letter Art Book: 1 project for each letter that children color, cut and glue
- Bubble Letter Crafts
- Letter Wands
SCIENCE / SENSORY PROJECTS (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Science and Sensory Projects: 1 activity that corresponds to each letter of the alphabet, for example the letter B corresponds to the “Blowing Up Balloons Science Experiment”. You will be amazed how much children will learn with these projects!
How Letters are Introduced
I teach letters and letter-sound correspondence simultaneously to help children start reading as soon as possible. I start by teaching letters that occur most frequently in simple words, such as a, t, s, m. Letters that look alike and have similar sounds are separated to avoid confusion.
Letters: Scope and Sequence
Here is the order in which letters are introduced in this curriculum (you can alter to fit your needs):
A, T, S, M, D, I, F, R, P, O, N, L, E, C, U, G, H, V, B, K, W, X, Y, Z, J, Q
Additional products we recommend for this activity:
This product contains affiliate links.
Uppercase Alphabet Stamps and Lowercase Alphabet Stamps
Whiteboard Markers & Erasers
Scissors and Glue
Markers / Crayons / Colored Pencils
Colored Construction Paper
Laminator and Pouches
If you have any questions over our Letters and Phonics Alphabet Curriculum, please don’t hesitate to email me! I’m always happy to help. 🙂