Did you know that using hands-on activities is one of the BEST ways for children to learn?!? Research shows that children who are taught using hands-on teaching methods do better in school than those who are not. That is why we use many different hands-on activities for kids that are FUN and engaging. Want to know our secret?
This post contains affiliate links.
We love teaching with all different types of learning materials to bring learning to LIFE! We use pom poms, glass jewels, tweezers, whiteboard markers, play dough, clothespins, and more! What child doesn’t want to play and learn with these SUPER FUN materials?!
You may still be wondering what the big deal is about hands-on activities when you can just give children a worksheet.
What you need to know about hands-on learning in preschool and kindergarten
- Hands-on activities allow children to use their senses while learning. They see, touch, and move real objects to complete tasks. This means that letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and more are brought to life! Children begin to understand the meaning behind what they are doing.
- Children get excited and engaged because they are having FUN!
- They have a longer attention span. This helps them to build knowledge and increase their long-term memory.
- Children will strengthen their fine motor development. They learn control, communication, concentration and dedication to finishing tasks and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on toddler, preschool, and kindergarten activities help children to build a lifelong love of learning!
We have developed AMAZING hands-on learning activities that children LOVE! Our activities focus on teaching children the foundational skills they need to be successful in school and beyond. Some of the essential skills and concepts we focus on are order, patterns, sequencing, matching, letter and number identification, letter-sound correspondence, and so much more! Our activities are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and early childhood!