Get ready to teach the alphabet in a fun and exciting way! Our Alphabet Curriculum includes easy to follow guided lessons, hands-on activities and centers, assessments, science projects, art projects, and more! This curriculum is completely comprehensive. All you’ll need to add are a few hands-on materials like play dough and pom poms.
I know you’re busy! Creating lesson plans and learning materials is time consuming. This curriculum has everything you need to successfully teach the alphabet!
The Alphabet Curriculum Will Help You Easily and Effectively Teach:
- letter recognition and identification
- letter-sound correspondence
- initial sound recognition and identification
- letter writing
- fine motor skills, and much more!
Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s included:
- Guided Lesson Plans that are scripted and easy to use
- Detailed calendar that can be printed and spiral bound for easy access
- Assessments for each letter (can be used as a pre assessment or post assessment)
- Scope and Sequence – The calendar is laid out in a specific order of how I teach the letters to my students. You can teach the letters in any order that works for your class, and this curriculum will still work for you.
- Activities for Guided Practice, Independent Practice, and Applied Practice
- Circle Time / Warm Up
- Table Time / Small Group Instruction
- Hands-on centers – most come in color and blackline versions
- Early Finishers / Extra Activities for additional support
- Large Group Games
- Art Projects / Art Center
- Science / Sensory Projects
❤️ Check out my post on How to Teach the Alphabet for more in-depth information about this curriculum. It’s full of full hands-on alphabet activities for preschoolers and kindergarten.
If you love our Complete Letters & Phonics Literacy Curriculum, check out our Preschool Math Curriculum with Guided Lessons for teaching children numbers and shapes!
About our Letters and Phonics Alphabet Curriculum
These activities are digital PDF downloads in TWO compressed folders. You will need to unzip these files in order to access them. You will also need a PDF viewer installed to access these activities. Once you complete the checkout process, you will receive a link to download it via email and/or the order page. For additional help, please contact us here. You will then need to unzip the folders to access the activities.
Our Letters & Phonics Literacy Program was designed to prepare children for kindergarten, but the materials also work well for kindergarten and first grade intervention. It corresponds to Common Core Standards RF.K.1.D, RF.K.3.A and LK.1.A as children identify and name upper- and lowercase letters and letter-sound correspondence, identify initial sounds, and write upper- and lowercase letters.
This product includes:
- Calendar with Daily Lessons for 26 weeks with Pictures and Text: All of the activities are scheduled for each week in an easy-to-read calendar to help you stay organized and on-track for teaching. This calendar shows each activity and the materials you will need, such as pom poms, snap cubes, etc.
CIRCLE TIME / LARGE GROUP INSTRUCTION (GUIDED PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Stories: Available in color and blackline
- Songs for the Classroom: 1 Letter Song for each letter of the alphabet, plus a bonus Circle-Time song and Clean-up Time song
- Alphabet Posters
- Memory Cards: These are flash cards used to introduce each letter and sound. They also work well for a pocket chart.
TABLE TIME / SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION (GUIDED PRACTICE)
- Teaching Instruction Packet with 26 Guided Lessons: Includes scripted instructions and activities.
- Worksheet Packet A-Z
- Learning Letters Hands-on Activities Binder: Includes 6 hands-on activities for each letter. You will LOVE seeing children have so much FUN while learning!
LETTER IDENTIFICATION CENTER 1 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Spin and Cover
- Clip and Flip Letters
- Letter Pop
- Letter Puzzles
- Superhero Letter Match
- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Sorting
LETTER FORMATION CENTER 2 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Driving Letter Formation
- Magnetic Tiles Letters
- Mini Eraser Letter Mats
- Play Dough Letter Mats
- Pom Pom Letters
- Snap Cube Letters
WRITING CENTER 3 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Writing Practice
- Alphabet Read, Build, and Write
- Superhero Sensory Tray Writing
- Write and Wipe Letters
- Handwriting Activity Sheets
- Handwriting Letter Practice
LETTER SOUNDS / PHONICS CENTER 4 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Beginning Sound Match
- Beginning Sound Smash
- Clip and Flip Beginning Sounds
- Initial Sound Picture Sort
- I Spy Beginning Sounds
- Roll, Say, and Cover Beginning Sounds
EARLY FINISHERS / EXTRA ACTIVITIES (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Write the Room Letters and Phonics
- Letter Sound Find & Match
EARLY FINISHERS / EXTRA NO PREP ACTIVITIES (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Flip Books
- Dab-a-Dot Letters Q-Tip Painting
- Mystery Letter Picture Sort
LARGE GROUP / GAMES (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Bingo
- Letter Detectives Pocket Chart Game
ART PROJECTS / ART CENTER (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Letter Art Book: 1 project for each letter that children color, cut and glue
- Bubble Letter Crafts
- Letter Wands
SCIENCE / SENSORY PROJECTS (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Science and Sensory Projects: 1 activity that corresponds to each letter of the alphabet, for example the letter B corresponds to the “Blowing Up Balloons Science Experiment”. You will be amazed how much children will learn with these projects!
Additional products we recommend for this activity:
This product contains affiliate links.
Uppercase Alphabet Stamps and Lowercase Alphabet Stamps
Whiteboard Markers & Erasers
Scissors and Glue
Markers / Crayons / Colored Pencils
Colored Construction Paper
Laminator and Pouches