Complete Letters & Phonics Literacy Curriculum includes easy to follow guided lessons, hands-on activities, science projects, art projects, and more! We know you’re busy! Creating lesson plans and learning material is time consuming. We’ve done all of the work for you! Our Literacy Program will help you easily and effectively teach the alphabet, letter recognition, letter identification, letter-sound correspondence, letter writing, fine motor skills, and more!
Our Complete Letters and Phonics Literacy Curriculum Will Help You Easily and Effectively Teach:
- letter recognition and identification
- letter-sound correspondence
- initial sound recognition and identification
- letter writing
- fine motor skills, and much more!
If you love our Complete Letters & Phonics Literacy Curriculum, check out our Complete Math Curriculum with Guided Lessons for teaching children numbers and shapes!
About our Letters and Phonics Literacy Curriculum
These activities are digital PDF downloads in a compressed folder. You will need to unzip these files in order to access them. You will also need a PDF viewer installed to access these activities. Once you complete the checkout process, you will receive a link to download it via email and/or the order page. For additional help, please contact us here. You will then need to unzip the folder to access the activities.
Our Letters & Phonics Literacy Program was designed to prepare children for kindergarten, but the materials also work well for kindergarten and first grade intervention. It corresponds to Common Core Standards RF.K.1.D, RF.K.2.D, RF.K.3.A and LK.1.A as children identify and name upper- and lowercase letters and letter-sound correspondence, identify initial sounds, and write upper- and lowercase letters.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE PHOTOS OF SOME OF THE WEEK 1 ACTIVITIES
This product includes:
- Calendar with Daily Lessons for 26 weeks with Pictures and Text: we have scheduled all of the activities for each week in an easy-to-read calendar to help you stay organized and on-track for teaching. This calendar shows each activity and the materials you will need, such as pom poms, snap cubes, etc. The calendar is broken down into different sections: guided practice, applied practice and independent practice activities and instruction.
- Calendar with Daily Lessons for 26 weeks Text Only: This is a text only calendar that breaks down each activity over five days each week. We focus on 1 letter each week, but we have also included an editable Excel calendar that you can alter to fit your needs.
CIRCLE TIME / LARGE GROUP INSTRUCTION (GUIDED PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Stories: We have included an Alphabet Book for each letter in color and black and white! Read to your children each day during story time or circle time. Then, have them color the alphabet story to take home.
- Songs for the Classroom: 1 Letter Song for each letter of the alphabet, plus a bonus Circle-Time song and Clean-up Time song. These songs are a great way for children to practice identifying letters and letter-sounds
- Alphabet Posters: Decorate your classroom with these bright and colorful posters! We’ve also included an A-Z poster to assist with teaching the alphabet.
- Memory Cards: These are flash cards used to introduce each letter and sound. They also work well for a pocket chart.
TABLE TIME / SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION (GUIDED PRACTICE)
- Teaching Instruction Packet with 26 Guided Lessons: (1 for each letter) with scripted instructions and activities. You will love how easy these guided lessons are to follow. They are perfect for certified teachers, teacher’s assistants, teacher aides, and even parents to use!
- Worksheet Packet A-Z: This worksheet packet includes a no prep worksheet for each uppercase and lowercase letter. This is used in combination with the Teaching Instruction Packet as you teach each letter, sound, and writing.
- Learning Letters Hands-on Activities Binder: Includes 6 hands-on activities for each letter. You will LOVE seeing children have so much FUN while learning!
LETTER IDENTIFICATION CENTER 1 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Clip and Flip Letters
- Superhero Letter Match
- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Sorting
LETTER FORMATION CENTER 2 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
WRITING CENTER 3 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Superhero Sensory Tray Writing
- Write and Wipe Letters
LETTER SOUNDS / PHONICS CENTER 4 (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Clip and Flip Beginning Sounds
- Initial Sound Picture Sort
EARLY FINISHERS / EXTRA ACTIVITIES (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Write the Room Letters and Phonics
- Letter Sound Find & Match
EARLY FINISHERS / EXTRA NO PREP ACTIVITIES (INDEPENDENT PRACTICE)
- Dab-a-Dot Letters Q-Tip Painting
- Mystery Letter Picture Sort
- Alphabet Flip Books
LARGE GROUP / GAMES (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Alphabet Bingo
- Letter Detectives Pocket Chart Game
ART PROJECTS / ART CENTER (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Letter Art Book: 1 project for each letter that children color, cut and glue
- Bubble Letter Crafts
- Letter Wands
SCIENCE / SENSORY PROJECTS (APPLIED PRACTICE)
- Science and Sensory Projects: 1 activity that corresponds to each letter of the alphabet, for example the letter B corresponds to the “Blowing Up Balloons Science Experiment”. You will be amazed how much children will learn with these projects!
BONUS NO PREP WORKSHEETS
8 packets of no prep, interactive worksheets for children to practice letter identification, sounds, writing, cutting practice, and fine motor skills. A $25 value FREE! Included are:
- Alphabet Handwriting Practice
- Dot and Trace Letters
- Handwriting Letter Practice
- Let’s Identify It! Letter Recognition
- Letters & Phonics Puzzles
- Pattern It! Phonics
- Sort It! Letter-Sound Correspondence
- Spin and Write Letters
I teach letters and letter-sound correspondence simultaneously to help children start reading as soon as possible. i start by teaching letters that occur most frequently in simple words, such as a, t, s, m. i also separate letters that look alike and have similar sounds to avoid confusion.
Letters: Scope and Sequence
Here is the order in which letters are introduced in this curriculum (you can alter to fit your needs):
A, T, S, M, D, I, F, R, P, O, N, L, E, C, U, G, H, V, B, K, W, X, Y, Z, J, Q
The prep is easy! Simply follow the directions to print the activities and put them into page protectors in a binder or laminate. Then gather various materials based on the activity (such as crayons, scissors, glue, play dough, pom poms, etc), and you’re ready to go!
Here’s a Peek at SOME of the Activities in the Letters & Phonics Literacy Curriculum:
I have included detailed guided lesson plans that are broken down into four lessons. These lessons cover letter and sound recognition, making connections with the letter, and writing uppercase and lowercase letters. These lessons include scripted instructions on what to say as you introduce each letter / sound. For example, “This is the letter B. It is called uppercase B or capital B. It makes the sound /b/…”
The scripted lesson helps teachers, substitute teachers, and parents know EXACTLY what and how to teach. That can be one of the most overwhelming things for people. The scripts are there if you need them. You can also use them as a guide on what to teach, but use the language and way that works best for you.
Along with the guided lesson plans, is the calendar. There are 2 versions of this calendar, an Excel version with no pictures (this is editable), and a PDF version shown below with pictures. I personally prefer the PDF version that I printed and spiral bound so I can visually see the lesson and materials needed.
I do circle time every day. It’s a great way to start off the day with children and prepare them for what we will be learning throughout the day. Each day, we will read a book and sing a song that focuses on the letter we’re learning that week.
Small Group Instruction
Now that you have warmed everyone up and introduced the letter during circle time, it’s time to work with smaller groups. This allows you to differentiate your students based on their individual needs and tailor the instruction to them. Small Group Instruction is where you will use the Guided Lessons to reinforce letters and their sounds. The students will work in their workbook and complete hands-on activities.
Letters and Phonics Centers
There are 4 center stations included in this Letters and Phonics Literacy Curriculum that have several activities per center. The centers are broken down by skill taught: Letter Identification Center, Letter Formation Center, Letter Writing Center, and Letter Sound / Phonics Center. The hands-on activities included in each center keep children engaged and learning. You have to make learning fun to get kids excited and wanting to learn. That’s what this entire curriculum does.
Additional products we recommend for this activity:
This product contains affiliate links.
Uppercase Alphabet Stamps and Lowercase Alphabet Stamps
Whiteboard Markers & Erasers
Scissors and Glue
Markers / Crayons / Colored Pencils
Colored Construction Paper
Laminator and Pouches