Is your child struggling with final consonant deletion? There are many different approaches, methods, and materials you can use to help them. I have created a Final Consonant Deletion Bundle to include everything you need. This bundle includes: final consonant deletion minimal pairs cards, 5 final consonant deletion activities, 5 final consonant deletion worksheets, final consonant deletion digital Boom Cards, and 3 final consonant deletion games. This is a fun and helpful bundle for final consonant deletion speech therapy.
This large Final Consonant Deletion Bundle saves you 20%!
About our Final Consonant Deletion Bundle
This activity is a digital PDF download. You will need a PDF viewer installed to access this activity. Once you complete the checkout process, you will receive a link to download it via email and/or the order page. This bundle includes 5 PDFs. For additional help, please contact us here.
This product includes:
- Each activity focuses on 8 letters: /d/, /f/, /k/, /m/, /n/, /p/, /s/, /t/
- 5 Final Consonant Deletion Activities (83 pages total)
- Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pairs
- FCD Sort and Read
- I Spy Final Consonants
- Ending Sound Sort
- FCD Spin and Cover
- 5 Worksheets (66 pages total)
- Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pairs Cut and Paste
- I Spy Final Consonants
- Final Consonant Foldable Book
- Final Consonants Bracelets
- FCD Brochures
- 3 Games (37 pages total)
- Final Consonant Deletion Toss
- Breakfast Flip
- Final Consonant Deletion Boom Cards (50 task cards total)
- This includes a PDF document with a link to download the Boom Cards™ directly on boomlearning.com. This activity can ONLY be played on BOOM learning.
- You MUST have a Boom Learning account to access and play these digital task cards. BOOM activities can be used with free BOOM Learning account as ‘fast play’ links to share with students. Premium BOOM accounts include options to assign decks to students and collect data.
- Audio clips are included for each picture and the directions.
- These Final Consonant Deletion Boom Cards are super fun and self checking!
- Click here to try the Final Consonant Deletion Boom Cards for free, you can try the first 3 task cards.
- Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pairs Cards / Flashcards (27 pages total)
A look at the Final Consonant Deletion Activities:
1. Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pairs
This activity works on combining open and closed words. An open word ends in a vowel sound, like ‘row’. A closed word ends in a consonant sound, like ‘road’. We start by combining these words to help children hear the difference between the words. This activity includes 2 pages per letter: /d/, /f/, /k/, /m/, /n/, /p/, /s/, /t/.
2. Final Consonant Deletion Read and Sort
Children will say the name of the Final Consonant Deletion Cards and place them in the focus square to complete the sentence. They will then read the words that end with the same focus letter. This activity has a cute envelope to store the pictures in. I recommend using a reading pointer or something similar. Children love using hands-on materials.
3. I Spy Final Consonants
Who doesn’t love a good I Spy game? Children will find the words in the word bank and cover them with bingo chips / pom poms / snap cubes, etc. They will say the name of the picture 3 times when they cover it. This helps them to focus on the final consonant sound. To work on fine motor skills at the same time, use tweezers to cover the words with pom poms.
4. Ending Sound Sort
This activity helps children distinguish between words that start with the same sounds and words that don’t. I have included 3 words that start with the focus letter/sound and 3 that don’t. As they sort the pictures, they say the name of each one, focusing on the ending sound.
5. Final Consonant Deletion Spin and Cover
Children love using spinners for activities. It makes it more of a game for them. They will say and cover the words that the spinner lands on. There are four pictures per card that target the focus sound.
A look at the Final Consonant Deletion Worksheets:
1. Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pairs
This worksheet focuses on combining open and closed words. An open word ends in a vowel sound, like ‘row’. A closed word ends in a consonant sound, like ‘road’. We start by combining these words to help children hear the difference between the words. This worksheet includes 2 pages per letter: /d/, /f/, /k/, /m/, /n/, /p/, /s/, /t/.
2. I Spy Final Consonants
Kids love I Spy Games!? Children will find the words in the word bank and color them. They will say the name of the picture 3 times when they color it. This helps them to focus on the final consonant sound.
3. Final Consonant Foldable Book
This fun foldable focuses on minimal pairs. Each page of the book combines 2 pairs. For example, ‘The bee has a bead’, ‘The car has a card’, ‘I can row in the road.’
4. Final Consonant Bracelets
Children are excited to make the bracelet in this activity! They will start by saying the final consonant deletion minimal pairs words. Each word will be said 5 times while the circles are colored in. Children will then make the bracelet with the final consonant words.
5. FCD Brochures
This is another fun worksheet in the bundle. It has a ton of practice for final consonants. There are 5 different activities in this brochure.
A look at the Final Consonant Deletion Games:
1. Final Consonant Deletion Toss
This game is so much fun! Children will toss a pom pom into the cups. When they ‘make a basket’, they will remove the cup and say the final consonant word underneath with their best speech.
2. FCD Bingo
Everyone loves a good bingo game! This Final Consonant Deletion Bingo game includes 10 bingo mats with calling cards.
3. FCD Breakfast Flip
We are loving this game! It is so fun and easy! There are 6 breakfast foods per letter (2 pieces of toast, 2 eggs, and 2 bacon slices). Children will say the name of the picture in their best speech and then flip the picture over with a spatula.
A look at the Final Consonant Deletion Boom Cards:
Boom Cards are so much fun! If you haven’t tried them yet, you need to! All of my littles love digital learning, and these games are no exception. You MUST play these Boom Cards on the Boom Learning website – they are not downloadable and cannot be played in Google Slides. BOOM activities can be used with free BOOM Learning account as ‘fast play’ links to share with students (you have to register for a free account). Premium BOOM accounts include options to assign decks to students and collect data.
- Children will follow the directions on each page to complete all final consonant deletion activities. There are 6 slides per letter.
- Cards 1 and 2: Say the word. Add the ending sound to make a new word. Drag the picture of the new word into the box. Example, row + D = road. Say ‘road’ and then drag the picture of the road into the box.
- Cards 3-5: Say the minimal pair words on the page. Then drag and drop the pictures to complete the activity. Example, each time you say the word ‘bee’, move one to the flower. Each time you say ‘bead’ move on to the string. Each card has 5 opportunities to practice each word.
- Card 6: Say the name of the target words in the purple box. Example, say the target words for the letter /d/ and move them to the road.
A look at the Final Consonant Deletion Minimal Pairs Cards:
These Final Consonant Deletion Flashcards are a great way to help children master final consonants. There are 6 cards per page. I have designed the cards so you can cut them out individually or keep 2 connected (you’d cut 3 per page, as shown below). For example, keep the cards bee and bead connected.
Additional products we recommend for this activity:
This product contains affiliate links.